Is your husband taking you for granted? Did he stop making you his top priority? Is his ignorance making you feel unloved and unappreciated?
If your answer is YES to all of these questions, it must be heartbreaking to admit it and keep putting up with this treatment. To help you find solace, I’ve compiled this collection of wife feeling neglected by husband quotes.
I’ve also added a few inspirational quotes to encourage you to put an end to his disrespect. You need to make him choose: either he’ll change his behavior towards you, or you’ll change your relationship status from married to single!
Lonely Wife Feeling Neglected By Husband Quotes
I hope this list of sad quotes about a husband neglecting his wife will at least give you the comfort of knowing that you aren’t alone in your pain.
1. “Something my dad says…He says you end up marrying the one you don’t understand. Then you spend the rest of your life trying.” – Fredrik Backman
2. “Nothing hurts more than being ignored, replaced, forgotten, or lied to.” – Unknown
3. “The loneliest thing in the world is lying awake beside someone asleep.” – Rebecca Makkai
4. “ Being ignored by the person you love is hard. But what hurts the most is how they make it look so easy.” – Unknown
5. “The saddest thing is when you are feeling really down, you look around and realize that there is no shoulder for you.” – Unknown
6. “Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the one person who you thought would never hurt you.” – Unknown
7. “It wasn’t an unhappy marriage? Could a marriage be happy, standing on a shaky ground of adultery and a disregard for the wife’s feelings? He didn’t say anything; he listened to her quietly.” –Neena H. Brar
8. “What kills love? Only this: neglect.” – Jeanette Winterson
9. “I wish I could go back to the day I met you and just walk away. Honestly, it would’ve saved me so much hurt and pain.” – Unknown
10. “I have learned being alone is not the same as loneliness. And there is nothing quite as lonely as a lonely marriage.” – Sara Stansberry
11. “I used to think that the worst feeling in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.” – Robin Williams
12. “I was always just a supporting cast member in my husband’s life. His attention turned to me only when I was attending to him.” – Unknown
13. “I hate not being happy. I hate the fact that my own husband doesn’t even care about my feelings of loneliness. I thought marriage was supposed to be comforting and fun. I just feel trapped.” – Unknown
14. “Sometimes I get real lonely sleeping with you.” – Haruki Murakami
15. “It hurts like hell when your husband doesn’t treat you right. What hurts even more is when they act like they don’t even know what they have been doing.” – Unknown
16. It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible. Instead, I feel painfully visible, and entirely ignored.” – David Levithan
17. “Nothing hurts more than realizing he means everything to yo,u and you mean nothing to him.” – Unknown
18. “ My husband neglects me and thinks I’ll always be here waiting. He has no idea the storm that is about to break over his life. I’m tired of begging him to make me a priority.” – Unknown
19. “The shattering of a heart being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” – Carroll Bryant
20. “There is nothing lonelier than being in a marriage feeling unseen by your husband. You feel like a ghost in your own home.” – Barrie Davenport
21. “You’re ignoring me so loud that it’s deafening. This silence is so deep that it’s echoing.” – Anna Jae
22. “I still believed he’d love me again somehow; love me that intense, thick way he did, the way that made everything good.” – Gillian Flynn
23. “If you’re turning yourself into a pretzel to win his love and attention, you’ve already diminished yourself. You’ve already lost whatever love he said he had for you.” – Unknown
24. “I don’t think he knows how much he hurts me sometimes…” – Unknown
25. “I don’t want to be married just to be married. I can’t think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can’t talk to, or worse, someone I can’t be silent with.” – Mary Ann Shaffer
Comforting And Encouraging Feeling Neglected By Husband Quotes
I also compiled this list of inspirational quotes, and I truly hope that these words of wisdom will encourage you to finally stand up for yourself and show your man that he can’t keep disrespecting you in this way.
1. “Holding on to a man who doesn’t want you just shows that you have absolutely no self-worth. When someone walks away and doesn’t look back, show yourself just a little bit of self-respect and move on.” – Unknown
2. “If your husband neglects you, he doesn’t deserve you.” – Unknown
3. “You married him because he promised to love, honor, and cherish you. When all of those promises are broken time, and again, you are left with a broken heart.” – Barrie Davenport
4. “I think that enduring, committed love between a married couple, along with raising children, is the most noble act anyone can aspire to.” – Nicholas Sparks
5. “If someone does not care about losing you, then move on. There are many people out there that would die if it meant losing you.” – Unknown
6. “A wife who is devoted to the integrity and honor of herself will not entertain emotional and other inappropriateness from her husband.” – Unknown
7. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” – Unknown
8. “Divorce isn’t such a tragedy. A tragedy’s staying in an unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love. Nobody ever died of divorce.” – Jennifer Weiner
9. “If your husband makes you miserable more than they make you happy, then it is time to let him go, no matter how much you love him.” – Unknown
10. “Neglect cannot exist with love in a marriage. If you’re neglected and taken for granted, you’re not loved.” – Barrie Davenport
11. “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
12. “Some think love can be measured by the number of butterflies in their tummy. Others think love can be measured in bunches of flowers or by using the word ‘forever.’ But love can only truly be measured by actions. It can be a small thing, such as peeling an orange for someone you love because you know they don’t like doing it.” – Unknown
13. “A man will admit his wrongs and try to fix them. A boy will find excuses and constantly blame you for why he’s hurting you.” – Unknown
14. “Someday, you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning, and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
15. “Dear Lord, my heart hurts for wives who feel lonely in marriage. I remember what it feels like to be lonely in marriage, and I had no clue how to fix things with my husband. I appreciate you pursuing us and helping us resolve our marriage. I pray the same thing happens for these lonely wives. May your Holy Spirit pursue and guide them. Not just them, but their husbands as well. May you show them how marriage can be enjoyable and that companionship can exist. I pray for healing and restoration for these marriages in Jesus’ name Amen!” – Unknown
16. “Ignoring is a passive-aggressive way of dealing with a chronic relationship problem. When your husband ignores you, no matter if it’s all the time or just after arguments, he is trying to avoid and run away from a problem instead of dealing with it and solving it.” – Lisa Penn
17. “The demise of marriages begins with a growing absence of responsive intimate interactions. The conflict comes later.” – Sue Johnson
Neglecting Your Wife Quotes
Here are the best quotes about neglecting and disrespecting a wife, and I really think all husbands should read them and think about how they treat their better halves.
1. “Hurting someone who really loves you is as easy as throwing a stone in a lake, but you never really know how deep the stone goes once it hits the water. Take care to remember that each stone thrown could be a ripple of hurt or a tidal wave of devastation.” – Unknown
2. “The worst thing a guy could do for a girl, personally, I think it’s to ignore her while she’s loving you with all her heart.” – Unknown
3. “Only a man who doesn’t love himself mistreats the woman who loves him.” – R. H. Sin
4. “Even the most intense feelings cease when neglected and taken for granted.” – Anupama Garg
5. “Never make a good woman hurt too many times… At some point, the pain you cause her will permanently damage her, and she will no longer see a future with you or look at you the same.” – Unknown
6. “If you want her respect, do not disrespect her feelings.” – Gift Gugu Mona
Husband Hurting Wife Quotes
1. “ A real man never hurts a woman. Be very careful when you make a woman cry because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.” – Unknown
2. “If your husband is hurting you, but you’re unable to fix it, have faith in God. God always has a plan for you. Believe in him to show the light.” – Unknown
3. “A husband should remember it is only natural and healthy for your relationship to have disagreements in a marriage. What is important is how you conduct yourself in these disagreements; you can disagree with your wife without being disrespectful and hurtful. Do not say things that are designed to hurt your wife’s feelings. You love your wife, and ‘love is kind.’” – Unknown
4. “Dear husband, don’t hurt your wife. She loves you dearly. Don’t think her silence is submission. Her silence is a painful protest to keep you in her life no matter what.” – Unknown
5. “The worst feeling in the world is being hurt by someone you love.” – Unknown
6. “Really, what is more important in a man’s life than his wife? His work? His kids? His hobbies? If you’re not number one in your husband’s life, your soul will begin to wither and fade away.” – Barrie Davenport
7. “A husband who hurts does not need a wife who submits to it. He needs his mother and father to teach him better. That is where change should begin.” – Unknown
8. “I think a bad husband is far worse than no husband.” – Margaret Cavendish
9. “If I treated you the way you treat me, you would hate me.” – Unknown
10. “Marriage has its ups and downs. But no ups and downs can justify a husband hurting his wife. Don’t let them cover a toxic relationship that’s killing you from inside.” – Unknown
11. “A real man can’t stand seeing his woman hurt. He’s careful with his decisions and actions, so he never has to be responsible for her pain.” – Unknown
12. “Silence is a woman’s loudest cry. You can always tell she’s really hurt when she starts ignoring you.” – Unknown
13. “It absolutely feels the worst in the world when your husband hurts you and breaks you but does not even realize what he’s doing. Nobody deserves that.” – Unknown
How Does A Husband Neglect His Wife?
One of the first red flags you’ll notice is that he stops spending quality time with you. Date nights will be long forgotten, and you won’t even remember the last time you two spent some time alone together and had fun.
He won’t pay attention to your needs at all. He won’t be engaged in your life anymore, nor will he be there for you when you need him the most.
You’ll simply start recognizing all the traits of a narcissist in him. And the truth is, if you allow him to keep neglecting and disrespecting you, you’ll be left with a broken heart.
Married life can be challenging at times, and it may weaken the emotional connection between spouses. However, when one partner keeps neglecting the other, it can damage their marriage beyond repair.
What Do You Do When You Feel Like Your Husband Doesn’t Love You Anymore?
There are a few things you can do, but the thing you should not do at any cost is let your husband go and give up on your marriage or long-term relationship. Try to talk about it with him.
Confront him with his neglectful behavior and ask him to be honest with you and admit his true feelings towards you. If he ever truly loved you, he’ll at least show you respect and admit that he doesn’t love you like he used to.
Losing the emotional connection with your husband is heartbreaking and can seriously damage your mental health. However, don’t let your emotions control you into making hasty decisions and actions.
A woman’s intuition is a very powerful thing, but you should never rely solely on your gut feeling. Don’t give up on your marriage simply because your intuition is telling you to do so.
On the other hand, if your husband admits that he doesn’t love you anymore, my relationship advice is to walk away. Don’t humiliate yourself by begging someone to love you because true love can never be forced.
I compiled this collection of wife feeling neglected by husband quotes with only one aim: to help you all realize that you should never, no matter how much you love your man, allow him to keep taking you for granted and (mis)treating you in such a way.
If he constantly neglects you, then it’s obvious that he doesn’t love you. In that case, you need to gather the courage to let go of your marriage and walk away.
You might also find interesting: